Head of Win Work
Head of Win Work
Head of Win Work - Transportation
Head of Win Work is an integral part of the Divisional Business Development team working across our Markets and Practices to drive responsible growth. The role will report directly to the Divisional Business Development Director.
- Serving the business development needs of a 3,000+-strong business
- Management of Win Work team, processes and sales pipeline
- Driving business initiatives to improve business development performance
- Support the Transportation team to identify, develop and take innovative client lead value propositions to market
- Representing and contributing to wider UK&E win work and business development initiatives
The role will play a wider part in working with the Divisional BD team to develop a world class sales and marketing capability to support profitable growth. The UK transport sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is playing lead roles with clients such as HS2, Highways England, Network Rail, Transport for London and a range of Local Authorities. Our consultants are working with government and local authorities to develop integrated transport strategies to ensure the urban areas we live in continue to work. Our investment in new skills and technology will change the way we travel in the future.
The unique breadth of services in transport combined with our scale makes us the leading UK transport consultancy and we are seeking talented individuals who can inspire our people and collaborate with our clients to ensure we continue to shape the future of transport.
Driving profitable business growth by supporting the management of excellent bids, leading major pursuits, identifying cross selling opportunities, building compelling and innovative value propositions and transforming our approach to sales.
- Contributing to drive double digit growth across the Division whilst maintaining quality of earnings in line with strategy.
- Delivering world class work winning capability with corresponding conversation rates.
- Developing win work capability in the central UK and Global Design Centre functions and improve overall skills across Transportation
- Developing clear customer value propositions in conjunction with Markets and Practices
- Strong external and internal networks and profiles
You’ll report directly to the Divisional Business Development Director (DBDD) and collaborate with the Divisional BD and Market teams and Business Development Directors in other Divisions:
- Drive our Must Win programme across Transportation to enable the markets to effectively prepare and capture their most important opportunities
- Enable work winning across the division by developing best practice guidance, process and tools to support work winning activities
- Ensure insightful win work reporting and effective CRM management
- Oversee bidding process consistency and large bids in addition to run bid support processes
- Collaborate with Practice Directors and make interventions, as agreed with DBDD and Operational Leadership Team, to drive improvements in work winning across the Division
- Manage complex sales processes and long sales cycles. Naturally understands the value of using sales tools and processes to plan out major pursuits and sales campaigns
- Build a high performing win work team in the UK and Global Design Centre
- Scan the market and clients for opportunities to sell and cross sell SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins capabilities
- Experience of leading diverse teams and a passion for building teams and developing talent
- Extensive sales, client relationship management and market experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda
- Track record of leading and winning major work opportunities
- Strong presenting, negotiating and influencing skills
- A pro-active decision maker with a positive and diplomatic operating style - someone who deals easily with cultural diversity
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a target driven environment. Someone who consistently achieves and often over-delivers their targets
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. #LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs