Health & Safety Administrator
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Safety Administrator. The incumbent will support the HSE department in an administrative function. This is primarily an office-based position with the occasional need for field work. People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions, succeed here. If you’re looking for the chance to work with a leader in the industry, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you.
- Provide Safety Orientation sessions.
- Order PPE.
- Keep inventory records up to date.
- Compile statistical information for the department.
- Enter information into SNC-L Systems.
- Keep minutes for and facilitate JHSC meetings.
- Assist in the management of injured workers and the return to work process.
- Carrying out compliance auditing of sub-contractors.
- Relevant postsecondary education in a Health & Safety capacity.
- Valid Driver’s License, with own transportation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fully capable in MS Office.
- Adaptable, able to manage shifting priorities.
- Results-oriented, driven.
- Team player
- Strong professional communicator (oral and written).
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.