Health and Safety Consultant
In line with our growth strategy for 2019, Faithful+Gould have a great opportunity for a Health & Safety Consultant within our Southampton office. The opportunity will be focused around furthering existing client relationships and driving further growth and technical acumen in our current team, currently enjoying great success across multiple sectors within the region.
A Winning Attitude - you have a ‘can do’ attitude and carry out tasks with enthusiasm, paying attention to detail.
Customer Driven - you understand the importance of your role in the delivery of excellent customer service.
Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does.
Meet the Challenge - you proactively manage your own development, seeking out feedback on your performance and taking every learning opportunity.
Aware - you show an interest in how your contribution fits into the team and business unit priorities.
Delivers - you juggle your own workload, priorities and routine tasks.
A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment by encouraging, supporting and respecting colleagues.
Engaging - you take the time to listen to instructions, are not afraid to ask questions to clarify your understanding, and convey information accurately and concisely.
Adaptable - you respond positively to, and are supportive of, changes to routine and new ways of working.
- Providing support to experienced colleagues within your team and/or office. Proof-reading documents to check they are complete and accurate.
- Completing general administrative duties.
- Assisting in the preparation of bid documentation.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and understanding of risk assessments.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and experience of CDM/Health and Safety.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Developing and adapting your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Increasing your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and the benefits these bring to clients.
- Developing your awareness of Faithful+Gould's financial management procedures and business systems/processes.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Possess a NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety .
- A member of APS either IMaPS / CMaPS.
- A member of IOSH
- Strong technical experience of CDM and Safety in Design.
- Sound understanding of the main Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to prepare/present emails and documents; demonstrating a good understanding of the written and spoken English language.
- Mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work.
- Flexible to travel across Faithful+Gould client locations.
Faithful+Gould encourage and facilitate excellence and will work with you to ensure you realise your maximum potential. A portfolio of training and development activities are available which have been designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People and forms part of the Atkins Group, recently named as one of the 'Top 20 Best Big Companies to Work For' in the UK by The Sunday Times.
Rewards and benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles