Health & Safety Consultant
Health & Safety Consultant
Faithful+Gould are a global Project and Programme Consultancy delivering constructive expertise on some of the most exciting and high-profile construction projects and our continuing success in securing consultancy work means we are expanding our team. We are seeking to recruit a Health and Safety CDM Consultant to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a dynamic and sociable company and make an impact. In return, we will provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level. Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people - we place great emphasis on succession planning and training.
You would be based in either our Tunbridge Wells or Epsom office but also have the opportunity to work from our other offices in London and the South East. Our Clients are varied throughout the South of England so we can offer flexible working arrangements.
We are looking for a collaborative and motivated H&S CDM Consultant to deliver a quality service for our Clients. Under CDM 2015 our CDM services focus on assisting designers with the Principal Designer role (both in-house and with our clients) and assisting clients to comply with their duties.
Ideally a Health & Safety CDM Consultant will have experience of:
- Advising and assisting clients in carrying out their duties under CDM 2015
- Working with designers to carry out Health and Safety design reviews and advising them accordingly in line with legislation and best practice
- Undertaking a wide range of CDM Consultant duties in line with agreed service deliveries
- Undertaking H&S audits and Inspections
- Reviewing RA/MS, carrying out accident investigation, H&S Policy and procedure writing and other H&S services
- Being able to deliver H&S and CDM training
- Learning and applying quality assurance principles
- Keeping up to date and abreast of relevant legislative and best practice changes
Other beneficial qualities include:
- Experience of H&S training.
- Experience of PAS45001 and other integrated management systems
To join us you’ll need:
- Strong background in the delivery of CDM services and a good understanding of CDM 2015
- A sound technical Health & Safety knowledge, ideally applicable to the construction industry
- Excellent client facing skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- An understanding of the need for and ability to apply accuracy in all your work
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to seek guidance on occasions from senior colleagues
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages
- A professional manner and outlook
- The ability to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects
- IMaPS status, Tech IoSH
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A background in construction and/or design
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate qualified
- Appropriate CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving Licence
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has an ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with excellent client facing skills who will provide a first class service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs