Health & Safety Coordinator
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Health & Safety Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible to assist in the development of a safety culture that is positive, proactive and supports a safe and healthy work environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide leadership for inspections, risk assessments, internal audits and incident investigations.
- Conduct hazard assessments and develop exposure controls.
- Develop and deliver OH&S training.
- Conduct research and develop strategies.
- Conduct hazard communication.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 5 years OH&S experience, construction/heavy industry.
- Strong understanding of and experience implementing Corporate OH&S policies and initiatives.
- Proven ability to work with and coordinate the OH&S activities of sub-contractors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to prepare and communicate OH&S reports both internally and to the client.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher as well as Safety Management Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standard and requirements of CoR.
- Experience in developing and delivering training material – Computer based training experience an asset.
- Diploma in Health and Safety, Masters of Science and/or Safety Designation preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com