Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering and construction groups. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967. Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Health Physicist to be part of our team on a 1-year contract.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide strategic planning on ALARA and radiation protection for work executed under SGRT & FCFR Projects, supporting the requirements of Bruce facility licence
- Define and update the Radiation Protection Management Plan for SGRT & FCFR Projects, supporting the requirements of Bruce facility licence
- Serve as SGRT & FCFR SPOC on RP and ALARA related issues
- Supervise the team responsible to support execution in monitoring and controlling worker radiation exposure under the Bruce facility licence and respond to workers’ queries and radiological events
- Lead and approve the issuance of all ALARA Plans and Post ALARA Reports for SGRT & FCFR Projects
- Oversee work that is executed per ALARA Plans and Bruce Power RP governance per their licence
- Prepare progress reports on ALARA performance and dose exposures to the Projects and EHS
- Review and submit ECL increase requests to Bruce Power for approval
- Supervise, mentor, and assign work to the ALARA Coordinators in his team
What will you contribute?
- University degree in Health Physics, Engineering, or related disciplines
- At least 5 years’ direct experience in CANDU refurbishment campaigns
- At least 10 years’ experience in health physics, radiation protection, radiation physics, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience supervising engineering staff
- Possess effective communication skills and be a good team player
- Familiar with Bruce Power RP Governance is preferable
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs