Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why SNC Lavalin?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world.
Our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) group in Toronto is looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator to join our growing team and support our Ontario operations.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the Health & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development of a safety culture that is positive, proactive and supports a safe and healthy work environment.
- Assist in or provide leadership where needed with inspections, risk assessments, internal audits and incident investigations.
- Collaborate with larger HSE team in the development and delivery of HSE training for staff across region
- Tracking of all HSE training for employees in region
- HSE performance tracking - Entering all regional stats into the Corporate HSE statistics database and supporting other regions as necessary
- Support for Joint Health and Safety Committees
- File and manage documents through SharePoint
- Assist in conducting research and developing strategies related to Health and Safety for region
- Prepare and distribute communications related to Health & Safety initiatives and warnings
- Some travel is required (offices throughout the province)
- Manage the administrative aspects of our Certificate Of Recognition program (COR)
- Manage the administrative aspects of our ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 programs
- Manage the administrative aspects of our Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) licenses.
- Manage HSE document control which includes filing and managing documents through SharePoint.
- Manage the ordering, inventory and distribution of HSE related materials
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 5 years Health & Safety experience. Field experience preferred.
- Diploma in Health and Safety, Masters of Science and/or Safety Designation is an asset.
- Strong understanding of and experience implementing corporate Health & Safety policies and initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to prepare and communicate Health & Safety reports both internally and to the client.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher as well as Safety Management Systems.
- Experience in developing and delivering training material – Computer based training experience an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001 standard and requirements of CoR.
- Experience with external contractor databases
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles