Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor (4-month contract)
Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor (4-month contract)
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Supervisor (4-month contract)
Why join us?
Working out of our office in Toronto, you will play a strategic and hands-on role by providing guidance and your technical know-how on our and owner health and safety programs. You will also determine any training requirements needed for our site personnel, and coordinate with the respective government bodies to facilitate and ensure a safety conscious workplace.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Review project scope and identify general health and safety requirements.
- When participating in projects during design phases, contribute to safety by design. If involved during execution, participate in the development of means for safe work execution.
- Determine training requirements for site personnel (supervisors, workers, and visitors) in accordance with applicable standards (Ontario Green Book as a minimum)
- Coordinate onboarding documents for mobilizing contractors (Form 1000, Insurance, H&S documents, Training records)
- Coordinate day to day construction site needs and interface with plant operations, liaise with contractor leads, client representatives, plant workers
- Site walkthroughs and inspections, developing inspection reports and assigning corrective actions to relevant parties; contractor, GC, client, etc.
- Highlight HSE Concerns and communicate hazards with concerned project personnel including Contractors, Workers, Supervisors and Visitors.
- Review Contractors’ HSE Plans, coordinate with Contractors’ Health and Safety supervisors and recommend and follow up preventive and corrective actions.
- Prepare and submit HSE reports as maybe required in order to monitor and control HSE performance onsite.
- Communicate with the Ministry of Labour (MOL) inspector onsite and provide liaison between the Project team and Contractors in order to settle issues with MOL requirements
- Provide site specific training/orientation to contractors as onboarding process.
- Develop, revise, coordinate Project HSE plan through review and risk assessment of project phases.
- Lead weekly site safety review meetings with project team; create and distribute minutes to relevant parties
- Develop, review, and coordinate COVID-19 policies and procedures in accordance to applicable regulations and standards. (Resources used: local by-laws, Ontario public health guidance, and Canadian construction association standards)
- Support the Construction Manager on daily operations and supplement safety needs into schedule
What will you contribute?
- 3-4 years of experience in OHS environment with 1-3 years knowledge of safety system audits and management, and 2-5 years of experience in construction and project site safety management
- Completed formal course of study in OHS management
- Current professional designation or ability to achieve CRSP or other OHS designation as required
- Experience or knowledge of WCB act and legislation
- Good knowledge of risk management principles or other OHS related training
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Action oriented and results driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge to others
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs