Health, Safety, Quality & Environment Specialist
As a member of the HSQE team, the incumbent will act as a subject matter expert assisting with the implementation and the maintenance of the Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental programs and the ISO Integrated Management System. This includes training and communications, data collection and analysis, handling of non-conformances, conducting audits, participating and assisting with incident investigation and working with the departments closely.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate as subject matter expert in different areas of expertise, provide support, lead the specific area, maintain and improve the programs.
- Manage the required programs such as First Aid, Emergency Response, Badge/Access and others as assigned.
- Provide research based advice and solutions to address concerns raised by all groups including the workers, management team, client, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Develop the required documentation, plans, records, etc. around the area of expertise and as needed to maintain the programs and compliance.
- Provide support with incidents reporting triage, investigations, verifications, etc.
- Participate in providing reports to the client, regulatory bodies, corporate and all interested parties.
- Manage claims both on the public side and the claims pertaining to WSBC.
- Participate in required meetings such as Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings, Monthly HSQE meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Ensure that the integrated Safety, Quality and Environment Management Systems are fully executed throughout the Company and ensure compliance with all applicable legislation associated with all aspects of security on the Canada Line.
- Ensure that the ISO registrations for the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems are maintained.
- Maintain the Certificate of Recognition program with WorkSafeBC, the Safety Management System with Technical Safety BC and Corporate required programs.
- Ensure Controlled Documents are maintained and proposed changes to processes and procedures detailed within the Management Systems are scrutinized to ensure all aspects have been fully considered and addressed.
- Manage part of security program such as badge access, data privacy, Police requests, lockers program, etc.
- Lead the investigation and accidents in a confidential manner to determine the root cause, report with corrective or preventive actions, and follow through to ensure the Company is aware of and understands all findings and actions and has made required improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality or Environment management.
- OHS or other related certificates or graduate degree in combination with experience
- Knowledge in Integrated Management Systems including Safety, Security, Quality, and Environment is an asset.
- A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Registration as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional is an asset.
- A detailed knowledge of BC and Federal Health & Safety legislation and practice and its application.
- Capable of understanding the technology and operation of a computer controlled railway system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong skills in writing and making presentations.
- Trained to conduct audits and experience auditing.
- Ability to maintain independent thought and objective pursuit of facts whilst safe-guarding the confidentiality of reports and investigation details as needed.
- Experience working in transit or public industry is an asset.
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com