Higher Apprenticeship - Junior Management Consultant - Midlands
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Your career starts here
We’re SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business and we’re looking for bright thinkers like you. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, our mission is to drive innovation that protects the environment and enhances the lives of people everywhere.
We’re already solving tomorrow’s energy challenges, developing new technology for Smart Motorways, and through projects like Crossrail, improving life for millions of commuters.
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining a higher apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Do you have a passion for maths? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Management Consultant Apprentice to join the Birmingham office.
For these positions we are recruiting in to the following business areas – Transportation Business Unit.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
What you’ll be doing:
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects to:
• Deliver asset management and advisory projects for Local Authorities, Department for Transport and Strategic Transport Authorities across the UK
• Engaging with our clients and working as a team to help them improve services, address problems or manage change
• Provide insight through asset data analysis, evaluation, and reporting
• Implement digital asset management approaches and work to make new technologies available and understandable to our clients
• UK-wide travel to our client’s offices or other Atkins locations to collaborate on project delivery
During your 2 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college or doing block weeks, you’ll study towards a Level 4 qualification, higher apprenticeship at the college. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
• 5 GCSEs including a B/6 in Mathematics and a C/4 in English Language
• The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
• 112 UCAS points (not including General Studies)
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
• To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
• To Work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience
What to do next
Want to learn more about who we are, our apprentices and what makes their life at Atkins so great? Come and look at our people and culture at #InsideAtkins. If you would like to keep up to date with all things Atkins, please click the below and start scrolling;
Like us on Facebook: InsideAtkins
Follow us on Twitter: @InsideAtkins
Add us on Snapchat: AtkinsNextGen
Follow us on Instagram: atkins_global
Follow us on LinkedIn: Atkins
Watch us on YouTube: Early Careers
Take a look at our early careers apprentice page to find out more about our programme, the business areas and listen to hints and tips on how to apply Click here
Want to know more about the benefits of working at Atkins? Visit our rewards and benefits page Click here
Initial closing date: Tuesday 29th January NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2018 onwards.
N.B. This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.