Higher Apprenticeship - Project Controls - South East
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Your career starts here
We’re SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business and we’re looking for bright thinkers like you. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, our mission is to drive innovation that protects the environment and enhances the lives of people everywhere.
We’re already solving tomorrow’s energy challenges, developing new technology for Smart Motorways, and through projects like Crossrail, improving life for millions of commuters. On our Apprentice Programme, you’ll work on projects that make a difference from your first day!
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining a higher apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Do you have a passion for maths? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for an Project Controls Apprentice to join the London office.
For these positions we are recruiting in to the following business areas – Transportation Business Unit.
Hear from Alice about her experience
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in an array of different of projects to:
• Schedule and report on major infrastructure projects like HS2 or Lewes to Newhaven Rail Project using state of the art software.
• Help review/analyse our cost of the projects and understand the impact of any changes.
• Support the cost performance management and recognise how changes affect the cost of the project.
• Assist with risk management including risk register development and maintenance to help mitigate the impact of the risk.
• Work with some of the industry’s leading people in project controls, quantity surveying and project management.
During your 2 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college or doing block weeks, you’ll study towards a Level 4 qualification, higher apprenticeship at the college. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
• At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
• 112 UCAS Points (not including general studies)
• The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• A practical mind, that you’re self-motivated and reliable as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
What to do next?
• Look at our apprentice profiles to find out more and discover what being an apprentice in Atkins is really like Click here
• Want to know more about the benefits of working at Atkins? Visit our rewards and benefits page Click here
• Initial closing date: Tuesday 29th January 2019 NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from January 2019 onwards.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.