Highway/Airport Construction Inspector
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Construction Management Group as a Highway/Airport Construction Inspector.
Under supervision, observes the work of contractors involved in the construction of projects. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Observes construction work and prepares change orders as needed.
- Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions.
- Advises internal project manager and/or owner of any failures or delays.
- Reviews pay requests for ultimate payment by client.
- Makes substantial completion and final completion statements.
- Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and two years related experience.
- With Associate's degree, ten years of related experience.
- Without a degree, twelve years related experience is required.
- Good math, communications, computers and organizational skills
- May be required to have certification in nuclear density, aggregate, concrete and asphalt testing or other applicable area.
- May be required to have certification in soils, concrete and asphalt testing/inspection or the ability to obtain those certifications within 6 months.
- Requirements typically include: ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stoop, squat and crawl down into ditches; ability to observe construction activities and distinguish colors; and ability to perceive back-up alarms and other warnings.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions, subject to insects, flooded terrain and equipment/traffic hazards.
- Job also requires ability to process paper and electronic documents and utilize computer.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Job also requires ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and review contract documents, project plans and progress reports.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- Work may require both airside and landside inspection and quality assurance work.
- Experience working airside is a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.