SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Highway Engineer based in our Abu Dhabi office.
• Preparation of Highways design reports, designs and specifications
• Design production and completeness to technical and Atkins standards
• Coordination with other engineers/technicians to ensure updates to technical standards are maintained and disseminated to the team
• Ensure that designs are completed satisfactorily
• Promote and incorporate sustainable design wherever possible
• Promote and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines.
• Monitor emerging legislation and engineering standards relating to highways design and
• ensure their implementation
• Provide technical input and supervise technical input of cad technicians within highways discipline
• Operate to the Quality Assurance system, quality control and document management in line with current policy
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
o Degree in Civil Engineering
o Similar experience of minimum 5-10 years working, preferably in a design/consultancy environment
o Experience of concept, scheme and detailed design across a range of Highway, Development and Building projects
o Should be highly experienced with Civil 3d. Use of MX and InfraWorks is an added advantage.
o Experience with design of junctions, roundabouts and grade separated interchanges
o In depth and up to date knowledge of relevant Highways Design standards within GCC (UAE, KSA & Qatar)
o Integrate well and see beyond the standard approach to design delivery
o Good understanding of the local and international standards related to the highways design
o A good understanding of quality assurance, safety and environmental sustainability
o Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
o Effective team worker, contributing to the team and wider objectives
o Excellent report writing skills, experience of attending meetings with clients and authorities
o Be able to logically analyse problems from first principles to determine solutions
o Ability to learn and be driven to explore new technologies to deliver
o Experienced in design risk assessments and familiar with relevant HSE legislation
o Experience of working to QA procedures
o Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
o A competitive salary
o Transportation allowance
o Medical and life insurance cover
o 22 calendar days annual leave
o Medical and life insurance cover
o Company gratuity scheme
o Discretionary bonus scheme
o Annual flight allowance to point of origin
o Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant