Highway Maintenance Labourer
Highway Maintenance Labourer
Why Join Us?
Brunway Highway, a division of SNC Lavalin O&M, is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of Route 2 Trans-Canada Highway between the Quebec Border to Longs Creek, and also Route 95 from Woodstock to the US Border, until 2033.
Our Highway Maintenance Labourers are crucial to this process. This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing manual labor required to maintain the highway and right-of-way assets to ensure conformance of the designated section of the highway with required OMR standards and contractual requirements.
Please note, if you have a Class 3 license, this role has the ability to turn into a Winter position as well as a Snow Plow Operator.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to OMR standards and contractual requirements.
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, grass cutting, drainage facilities, signs and related damages, spring debris clean-up, etc).
- Perform equipment operations and manual labour duties related to preventive maintenance of highway assets (including bridge components, pavement running surfaces, and drainage facilities).
- Perform planned and emergency traffic control signing and services, and assist in accident response and site clean-up, in compliance with Provincial Traffic control regulations.
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance.
- Assist in routine vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in yard maintenance and general good house-keeping clean-up practices.
- Assist with annual facilities inspection activities for the highway asset management system.
- May be asked to work at different locations along the Facility (from Long’s Creek to Quebec Border).
What you will contribute?
- Minimum 2 years’ previous highway maintenance and/or construction experience preferred.
- Class 3 license with Air Brake endorsement.
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred.
- Past experience working on roadway construction working on machinery and knowledge of their safety practices.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Proven work performance related to attention to detail, timeliness and organization.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of workplace health and safety.
- Ability to deal with the public in a calm, patient and professional manner.
- Ability to be on call in the evenings and weekends for urgent highway responses if needed.
- Access to own transportation.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs