Highways Group Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
The India Highways and Transportation division of Atkins’ supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways and Drainage Engineers, Street Lighting Engineers and CAD Technicians.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for two Highways Group Engineers, one based in Bangalore and one in Delhi. Acting as technical authorities you will be responsible for technical governance across a wide range of multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects, working with a large multidisciplinary team of engineers and technicians providing a professional design services to our clients. These are ideal opportunities for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant. Successful candidates will embed themselves into the teams responsible for delivering highway design and other ancillary design services in accordance British (DMRB and Local Authority), American and European codes of practice and specifications.
As a senior member of the Highways team you will be responsible for:
- Provide technical leadership to a team of up to 40 engineers and technicians with minimal external guidance.
- Review all deliverables ensuring all work is checked and authorised by appropriately qualified staff before it is issued to internal clients.
- Prepare and advise on production of technical briefs, ensuring that work scope is clearly understood to meet internal clients’ expectations.
- Ensure briefs are clearly understood before project work commences and that there is regular communication between technical staff, project managers and internal clients.
- Work with project managers to ensure delivery of work to the required standard, programme and budget.
- Develop technical capabilities of the team by taking a lead role in providing and making arrangements for training, mentoring and professional development.
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective production of deliverables, writing effective sections of technical reports to appropriate standards
- Maintain and develop business and professional relationships with the UK and other geographical areas.
- Understand commercial aspects of business and stakeholders.
- Application of Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Working with project managers, Delivery Head, UK Interface Manager and internal clients to ensure lessons are learned and communicated into the design teams during the course of each project.
- Actively contribute to technical promotion e.g. internal case studies, papers etc
- Taking an active role in our client’s community, through its national and international forum to share best practice and pursue joint initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 15 years’ total experience, of which at least 10 should be in highway design.
· Experience of supervising and technical leadership of teams for major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- Extensive working experience of DMRB, AASHTO and other international standards.
- Experience in dealing with various UK and international stakeholders.
- Proven understanding of MX and/or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- A team player with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Competency in writing technical reports and making presentations
- Ability to bring the best performance out of others.
- Master’s Degree in Highway Engineering or similar.
- Experience of working overseas or on international projects.
- Affiliation with professional bodies or professional accreditation.
- Working knowledge of pavement design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Knowledge of AASHTO.
- Experience of working on construction sites.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Incentives
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee