Hot Cell Technician
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins is currently seeking an Hot Cell Technician to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Maintains compliance with requirements of safety documentation [including Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR)] and in accordance with Conduct of Operations guidelines and approved procedures.
• Oversees activities of support personnel to ensure compliance with ESH&Q and facility-specific requirements.
• Identifies potential occurrences or upset/unusual conditions and reports them to the Operations Supervisor.
• Ensures good housekeeping and combustible loading requirements are met.
• Conducts process operations in accordance with approved programs, procedures, and As Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles.
• Performs work as Fissionable Material Handler (FMH) responsible for operating process equipment containing fissionable material or handling, moving or otherwise changing the location of fissionable material. Able to learn FMH controls, pass an exam, and maintain proficiency.
• Supports facility operations and maintenance activities that would require wearing a respirator if needed.
• Performs walkdowns, validations for new processes and procedures.
• Labels system components by procedure guidelines.
• Operates manlifts, forklifts, bridge crane and handles rigging operations.
• Supports (he execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Basic communication, verbal and written skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to learn ventilation, steam, air and water system components and functionality and qualify to operate systems.
EDUATION/EXPEREINCE & CERTIFICATIONS
• Minimum high school diploma.
• 4 years of DOE/Nuclear Operations experience preferred.
• Forklift or manlift operating experience.
• Hoisting and rigging experience.
• Experience working remotely with fissile materials and in radiological contamination areas including Hot Cells.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
• US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles