HR Data and Analytics Consultant
HR Data and Analytics Consultant
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the Transport, Infrastructure, Energy, Aerospace and Defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Purpose of the Team & Role:
The work of the HR Shared Service team is key to supporting the business, line managers and employees in all things HR. This team provides the HR face to the business and HR Services need to be delivered with passion and commitment providing a consistently great customer experience and making sure services deliver optimally meeting all policy and compliance requirements.
The Shared Services Team also includes responsibility for improvement – how can systems, processes and data be optimised to make the service even better and take a pro-active approach to lead not just respond to business requirements?
The HR Data and Analytics Consultant will work closely with the HR Systems and Innovation Team, advising and embedding data and reporting techniques to help drive an efficient and effective service delivery as part of the wider HR strategy. The role includes responsibility for overseeing data quality, governance and best practice, creating and representing regular quantitative and qualitative data to the HR Services Management and HR Leadership Teams.
The HR Data and Analytics Consultant will work pro-actively to support and deliver excellent customer experience, highlighting issues, and making recommendations via data storytelling and addressing requirements, priorities by proposing and leading on solutions as a result.
- Proven experience in HRIS & HRMS
- Excellent analytical & data management skills with the ability to bring to life the story behind the data
- Advanced Excel Skills is must with an ability to build macros, pivot table/charts, providing statistical data
- Very strong presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR Concepts & Terminology
Whilst a recognised BIS or HR qualification would be preferred, we would consider applications where equivalent knowledge and expertise has been obtained via experience
- Demonstrable understanding of HR Systems and use of data analytical software with expert knowledge of current and forward-looking trends
- Expert understanding of the wider application of our technology including automation and big data
- Ability to analyse data and drive innovation and business change with evidence-based analytics
- Proven ability to drive innovation and improvement in data quality via reporting and the use of analytics
- Ability to motivate others and build commitment within the teams with proven experience of advising and supporting internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience of supporting projects and using data effectively within a project environment
- Ability to handle sensitive situations within GDPR legislation with a strong confidentiality ethic
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive and collaborative approach, working with other HR colleagues, suppliers and their teams to ensure timely and professional delivery
- Outstanding customer focus and the ability to manage business requirements through a partnership approach supported by engagement and direction of the wider HR Services Team
- Ability to identify requirements and balance these with the business and HR appropriately, setting clear expectations
- Track record and experience in handling or managing MIS team reporting & data analytics
- Track record of being able to manage own time, multi-task, prioritise / re-prioritise tasks and projects
- Experience of working with offshored service delivery in an HR Data and Systems capacity
- Understanding and experience of Agile working, and the ability to apply Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and principles
- Track record of setting up or monitoring established SLA’s and KPI’s
- Experience in reporting and data analytics from Workday, ServiceNow and Oracle HRMS
- Experience of using PowerBI
- Bring external thinking on best practice data management developing HR reporting and supporting teams and wider HR processes
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data to the HR Services Management Team to make best use of data to support continuous improvement and the management of SLA’s and KPI’s
- Report, analyse and react to real time data to make informed decisions and proposals with regards to processing delays, recurring issues, productivity, advisor workload and utilisation
- Ensure data integrity is of the highest standard by leading in research, analysis, and presentation of data to develop and embed reporting with the HR Teams
- Working closely with key stakeholders, making best use of existing data or sourcing and establishing additional data requirements as appropriate
- Focus on data analytics needs, use and requirements for driving efficient and effective service delivery, supporting and advising on the best tools, techniques and approaches and responding to ad hoc analytics requirements
- Support in identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Focus on data quality and assurance activities and fulfilment of data audit requirements including overseeing self-assessments, internal and external auditing
- Own and maintain service delivery surveys; analyse feedback data and drive improvements as necessary
- Lead on the development of KPI and SLA reporting, standard and ad hoc service-related reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, metrics and other reporting methods and tools for HR Services and the wider business
- Provide data analytics inputs required to efficiently deliver outstanding performance against agreed SLA’s
- Build excellent working relationships with HR teams, Business Leaders and key stakeholders to deliver role responsibilities
- Coaching and supporting HR Services, HR Centre, Managers and Employees in effective use of data, analytics and reporting including via self service
- Work with key stakeholders to improve data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Support in creating and improving robust internal data compliance processes, ensuring data and system compliance in line with GDPR
- Attend and contribute to HR Management and governance meetings as required identifying and promoting future improvements in analytics and data use
- Work pro-actively to support and deliver excellent customer experience, meeting with HR to discuss and clarify data requests, highlight issues, and make recommendations to address requirements and priorities
- Trouble shoot data and reporting, partnering IT Services to identify and implement solutions
- Self-management of workload to support the HR Services with any ad hoc data requirements
- Introduce and apply new data analytics methodologies and tools when feasible and appropriate. Knowledge sharing techniques with the wider HR Teams via training and governance documents
- Keep personal knowledge up to date through external networking and attending conferences bringing back leading edge and innovative HR data and analytics thinking; sharing this with the wider HR Services and HR Leadership Teams
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits;
SNCL Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS, recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs