Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Houston, TX and reports to the Director, HR. The HR Generalist is primarily responsible to support Projects/Project Managers and internal clients, in addition to providing daily guidance on specific Human Resource programs, processes and policies to ensure consistency and applicability.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assists managers and employees with HR related questions, interpreting and explaining HR policies, and resolving employee relation issues.
- Establishes strong and effective working relationships with internal/external customers to promote and support positive employee relations, company culture and employee engagement efforts.
- Ensures that the established hiring process is followed, documented, and fully complies with the company’s requirements.
- Reviews, drafts and updates job descriptions to ensure accuracy of duties performed and requirements as well as compliance with all applicable state and/or federal laws.
- Formulates methods to improve employment policies, processes and practices as well as recommending changes to management.
- Investigates HR issues from reporting to resolution.
- Supports key HR processes, including performance management, talent development, training & development and rewards & recognition.
- Conducts exit interviews and ensures compliance with the off-boarding process.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Supports any HR special projects.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 year’s human resources experience
- Proven organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solver, results focused, self-motivated and strong customer service skills
- Strong process and procedure development skills
- MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) proficiency required
- Experience with ADP software and Workday preferred
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits: group insurance, retirement savings plan, employee share ownership plan and a continuing education program.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles