HR Systems Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, Atkins (including Faithful+Gould and Acuity) is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of civil infrastructure and engineering and to become a digital leader in the engineering space.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Systems Analyst, based in Epsom, with a number of years business experience, to work as a team member within the Corporate Systems (HR, Finance, Customer Relationship Management, Project Management) function. The role reports to the HR and Reward Systems Manager.
The core focus of this role will be on the corporate Systems for HR, Recruitment and Reward; Oracle HRMS and Workday.
Experience of both these systems would be beneficial but experience of at least one is essential. As is experience of stakeholder engagement with the HR functions.
The role will undertake to provide key stakeholder management, working closely with the Business and the Corporate Systems team. The key focus will be on projects, enabling the identification of a clear roadmap and ensuring the systems solutions being delivered meet the needs of the business it must support.
This role will be the focal point for the systems delivery team in understanding what the business needs are. Conversely, this role is also the focal point in helping the customer’s business representatives to understand what is being delivered and how best to make use of it.
The candidate will need to be able to clarify tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Degree level intellect.
- Demonstrable experience of either Workday or Oracle HRMS
- Demonstrable experience of key stakeholder engagement and management within the HR functions
- Experience of systems analysis
- Experience based in one or more of the HR functions
- Experience of HR projects
- Ability to identify, scope, cost and detail requirements with minimal supervision.
- Good theoretical understanding of the Project and Systems Development Lifecycle
- Good awareness of technology and the benefits it can offer an organisation.
- Self managing with minor supervision. Seeking input from mentors and supervisors and actively seeking feedback to improve performance and career growth.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
Key stakeholder management of one or more of the HR functions at all levels.
- Guiding and challenging all stakeholders in the direction of travel and deliverables.
- Working alongside the HR functions and systems teams to identify the roadmap for HR systems
- Producing System Analyst deliverables for HR projects and business as usual, possibly across more than one system.
- Gathering information to support the Technical System team/Project Team, leading elements of data collection and being responsible for production of specified deliverables to gain a comprehensive understanding of a particular business area and making suggestions to resolve a particular problem.
- Modelling, proposing improvements and gaining consensus on “as is” and “to be” processes and data (with minor supervision & guidance).
- Eliciting, analysing, documenting, prioritising, validating and managing change on business requirements, owning the requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Working with Design, Systems Analysts, and Solution Architects to support them in the Design / Functional Specification of solutions.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Project Manager with tasks to produce Business Cases (e.g. costs and benefits), Project Management documentation and ad hoc analysis.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Project Management with tasks associated with business readiness for a system implementation.
- Leading/documenting the full testing life cycle for all new system functionality/changes/patches, working closely with the project/users to ensure timely and focused completion and sign off
- Awareness and involvement in the change and demands processes for all projects
- To champion and support the continuous improvement of system analysis
- Provide system support to system users and non-users alike
- Minor travel required to other Atkins offices in the UK and potentially minor overseas travel.
- Methodical, logical.
- Analytical, questioning aptitude.
- Ability to surface all different stakeholder perspectives to enable a consensus on moving forward.
- Customer focused.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent written skills with the ability to summarise up from the detail.
- Lateral and free thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with a sense of urgency with the confidence to escalate when this is not feasible.
- Business (process) rather than systems focus.
- Flexible attitude to work.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.