HS2 Phase One: Heritage Data Manager
HS2 Phase One: Heritage Data Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Our proven track record in delivering complex solutions is made possible by the collective breadth and depth of expertise, experience and resources of our people and businesses around the world. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Atkins (with Jacobs and Sener) is the Engineering Delivery Partner for HS2 Ltd. There is a requirement for a Heritage Data Manager to be seconded into HS2 to manage and administer the large quantity of data being delivered by our Contractors and to ensure there is alignment between the HS2 BIM strategy and the HS2 Historic Environment Research and Delivery strategy (HERDS). The post holder will be employed by Atkins Ltd and will be seconded full time into the HS2 Ltd offices in Birmingham.
In addition to this, the Heritage Data Manager will manage the HERDS digital platform and will be responsible for digital archiving and the promotion and use of BIM and digital data collection across the HS2 Phase 1 Historic Environment programme.
The key activities associated with this role have been divided into the six discrete areas outlined below:
- Undertake the oversight, management and auditing of historic environment data holdings
- Tracking the delivery of Contractor GIS deliverables and interface with Sector Project Management
- The review of Contractor deliverables in line with HS2 standards and procedures
In addition, the role will require close liaison with the Archaeology Data Service (ADS), that will require travel to their offices in York; and will include:
- The collation and delivery to the ADS of pre-Royal Assent data
- Interfacing with the ADS team to ensure that data requirements in the technical standards are appropriate
- Monitoring Contractor delivery of OASIS and digital archive
- Working experience of managing Heritage Digital Data
- Working experience of the end-to-end transfer of heritage data from field survey collection, storage, management, visualisation, digital archiving.
- Working experience of ADS and Historic England best practices in the field of Digital Archaeology data.
- Demonstrable experience of working with ArcGIS desktop software and extensions
- Demonstrable experience in Geodatabase use
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
This role will be based from HS2’s office in Snow Hill, Birmingham
On completion of the secondment, opportunities would exist to be based in an Atkins office and provide support to other Atkins’ infrastructure projects where you would work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists input to the design and construction phases of a range of infrastructure projects.
In joining Atkins you would join a team of over 300 environmental professionals located across the country, working with a wide range of client interests within the public and private sectors to deliver an exciting range of high profile infrastructure projects such as HS2, Smart Motorways, East West Rail, and water utility projects.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs