This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Rochester, NV, and reports to our HSE Manager on the project. It is responsible for the project safety and wellbeing of all SNC-Lavalin employees and its affiliates and non-affiliates.
Working with members of SNC-Lavalin Inc. and providing engineering, procurement and overall project management services for the Rochester POA11 Project in Nevada, US by Coeur Rochester, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Coeur Mining, Inc. As part of our project management services, we will integrate the engineering performed by various service providers under one set of specifications, procurement policies, standards, systems and procedures.
The project is anticipated to include a 20M T/year crushing plant with primary and secondary crushing circuits, as well as a high-pressure grinding roll (HPGR) circuit, a 13,750 gpm Merrill-Crowe process plant, a new substation with power distribution and new heap leach pad.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conduct Contractor Pre-Mobilization meetings prior to onset of work activities
- Ensure contractors have the competent resources on site with appropriate certifications
- Review subcontractors’ project-specific safe work plans (lifts, falls, CSE, excavation, LOTO, etc.)
- Review contractor risks assessments (Job Safety Analyses, SNC-Lavalin StepBack)
- Interface with client / contractor safety representatives to ensure that HSSE processes are incorporated
- Conduct periodic site safety inspections. Lead H&S site inspection with SLI Managers
- Maintain a daily HSSE activity log and conduct HSSE audits
- Implement, monitor, and maintain Safe Work Permits (hot work, LOTO, CSE, etc.)
- Oversee worksite maintenance (housekeeping, sanitary facilities, break area, traffic control, security)
- Participate in the Incident Investigation process when they occur
- Participate in weekly construction coordination meetings
- Ensure proper reporting of workplace hazards. Report Imminent Dangers where they exist
- Ensure proper risk assessments have been conducted and hazards control measures are implemented
- Maintain corrective action list and ensure prompt and appropriate follow-up on actions
- Conduct Behavior Interventions to improve safety culture
- Ensure subcontractors H&S paperwork is submitted on-time and recordkeeping is accurate
- Implement the Positive Incentives Program
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 5 years Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) experience, construction / heavy industry
- Strong understanding of and experience implementing Corporate OH&S policies and initiatives
- Proven ability to work with and coordinate the OH&S activities of sub-contractors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to prepare and communicate OH&S reports both internally and to the client
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher as well as Safety Management Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standard and requirements of COR
- Experience in developing and delivering training material – Computer based training experience an asset
- Diploma in Health and Safety, Master of Science and/or Safety Designation preferred
- Ability to work well within a team environment
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs