Candu Energy Inc. is looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Advisor for their Mississauga facilities. HSE Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support and advice on all aspects of HSE; help assess the implementation of the Program within the workplace, and as required, developing and/or providing related training.
Job Responsibilities include:
- monitoring compliance to applicable HSE regulations, codes and standards;
- keeping current on HSE developments and trends (e.g., regulatory changes, prosecution outcomes, training resources and techniques, HSE programming ideas and resources, new developments in personal protective equipment and clothing, etc.);
- participating in the development of risk assessments, including review and maintenance of records;
- providing reference materials, technical advice, training and support to management and employees as required;
- monitoring training competencies and qualifications;
- assisting in the identification and interpretation of applicable HSE regulations, codes and standards;
- assisting management with ongoing workplace and program monitoring;
- taking action to stop work where an imminent threat to employee safety and/or health is observed;
- conducting routine inspections and audits of work activities to ensure overall compliance with the HSE management system (policies, standards, safe work practices and safe work procedures) and issue formal reports;
- working with the management team in a coaching and guiding role to increase field level safety knowledge and presence.
- ensuring Contractors attend all HSE related training and have competent resources;
- conducting incident investigation / root cause analysis and follow-up on corrective actions;
- administering legislated programs related to HSE;
- maintaining all applicable HSE program records;
- participating in meetings in which HSE related topics are discussed;
- supporting the implementation of the Positive Safety Incentive Program.
- Formal training in occupational health and safety
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an HSE Advisor implementing Health and Safety programs
- Experience in high risk heavy industries considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of HSE Management System Auditing
- Experience interfacing with Control / Permit to work systems of connecting new assets to existing energized systems
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of relevant Legislation and Regulations e.g. OH&S Act, Canada Labour Code, Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act, as well as the application of each to the worksite.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- CRSP, CSP or equivalent designation is an asset
- Must possess a valid driver's license