HSE & QA/QC Site Manager
HSE & QA/QC Site Manager
HSE & QA/QC Site Manager
Why join us?
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine Hitachi ABB Power Grids deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offering for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and delivering the highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects. As a leading engineering company, we help our customers with turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a new company as it evolves and help shape it for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated professionals with expertise in the Substations EPC business, then this is the new opportunity for you.
To know more about the Linxon please click on the link below.
Purpose of the Job:
HSE & QA/QC Site Manager is responsible for leading all on-site activities for large/complex project site work to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Site planning - Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment, and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Site coordination and monitoring - Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Stakeholder relations - Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Health, safety, and environment (HSE) and project security - Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the Linxon H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by Linxon personnel or by subcontractors) in case of HSE violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that Linxon employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
- Material handling - Ensures correct handling, storage, and installation of Linxon-delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Sub-contractors - Manages the sub-contractors on site hired by Linxon to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Site cost management - Controls project cost for the project site work, monitors actual spend against forecasts, and estimates final cost for the same. Manages the petty cash and has delegated authority for local purchasing within agreed limits.
- Documentation - Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- People leadership and development - Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Coordinates local accommodation, site facilities, office equipment, petty cash, etc.
HSE & QA/QC Supervision duties:
- The candidate for this job will assume responsibility with the site manager for implementing and following the companies HSE program on the project site which would include activities such as but not limited to: implementation of the Site Specific Safety Plan, orientation of contractor, conduction daily tailboard meeting, reviewing contractors JHA’s for work, reviewing and approving daily JHA’s (Step Back cards), reviewing and issuing permits to work, supervise contractors work from a safety perspective to make sure work is done in to company standard, customer requirements, federal and state requirements. Reporting of all HSE activities on site, including those for statistical purposes, reporting of all incidents and investigation as needed. Conducting contractor performance reviews and behavior interactions. Coordinating weekly safety meetings with contractors and assisting with weekly site inspections. Ensure the safe over all day to day operation of a construction site. Reporting to the Director of HSSE/Q as directed for monthly reporting.
- The candidate for this job will also assist with the overall development and delivery of the site QA/QC program specific to the scope of the project, which would include activities such as but not limited to: development of ITP’s based on the scope of work for the project, engineering codes and standards, manufacturer recommendations and best business practices. Field confirmation that construction or installation has been done in accordance with prescribed standards and codes. Documentation of all work performed in conjunction with the ITP’s to the point of completion and package turn over. Reporting of quality issues internally for Linxon and externally for contractors including the generation of NCR’s, investigations as needed, issuing corrective actions and closer NCR’s. Assisting in the day to day operation and supervision of contractors on site as related to the quality function of the job. Reporting to the Director of HSSE/Q as directed for monthly reporting.
- Candidate will have additional experience in construction / installation / commissioning activities such as scheduling, project management and general construction practices. Ability to understand and follow construction drawings and standard documents used on projects.
- The candidate will be required to work at the construction site, and all activities will be done in coordination with the Site Manager, Project Manager and the HSSE/Q Director.
- The candidate will interact with project team members, the customer, and contractors / subcontractors and will be the face of HSE/Quality on site.
- The candidate will be responsible for the direct HSE supervision and management of all contractors and subcontractors on site.
- Work on or near exposed energized equipment.
- Perform the function of watching crews while they work inside of energized substations.
- Assist with the execution of the site specific HSE plan for all phase of the work.
- Serve as a resource and provide insight on appropriate equipment, facilities, and work practices for protecting workers and he environment.
- Ensure that tailboard and pre-job meetings are performed every day prior to starting the site works.
- Ensure that the Lock out / Tag out program is always followed.
- Execute the project specific HSE plan and all related control measures.
- Support the project team with regards to HSE during the project execution.
- Ensure compliance on site by all contractors and sub-contractors to the HSE program and applicable regulations.
- Review JHA’s for the proposed scope of work.
- Act as HSE support, liaising with site management, the client and government officials.
- Perform HSE inspections as per HSE Plan and due diligence requirements.
- Prepare monthly reports related to HSE performance factors.
- Present HSE concerns and guide in the problem-solving process to ensure compliance with the HSE program.
- Support site incident investigations, reporting and follow up.
- Ensure all applicable HSE and OSHA regulations are followed.
- The candidate will be responsible for the direct Quality supervision and management of all contractors and subcontractors on site.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 10 years field experience in the construction industry.
- Minimum 4 years field experience in electrical substations high voltage transmission.
- Current first aid / CPR/ AED.
- Required OHSA 30hour certification.
- Experience participating in safety investigations, determining root causes, and recommending solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations relating to construction and electrical utilities industry.
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 14001, 45001 NFPA 70E standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Capable of working and delivering in a complex work environment, under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- EPC project experience is an asset.
- Good computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now.
At Linxon, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Linxon, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs