Why join us?
Our Mexico Team is growing! The HSE Coordinator provides planning, evaluation of safety training, evaluation of safety programs, construction observations, and reporting in order to prevent injuries and accidents on the jobsite. Skills and training of the safety technician shall match the work with a lead person responsible for the various high-risk activities and one manager to coordinate the team. This position is located at our client’s project site in Leon, Mexico. This is an IMMEDIATE need with active interviews currently taking place. Must be a Mexican Citizen and fluent in Spanish and English.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould has been ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992.
In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Participate in the analysis of proposals as part of the Company Design Team under the direction of the Design leader.
- Conduct analysis and provide reports concerning the proposed safety program provided by each contractor.
- Provide a risk analysis for the project concerning construction site safety.
- Participate in design reviews at 30%, 60%, 90%, and final detail design review.
- Provide a risk analysis for the technical concepts for all systems and equipment.
- Propose a system to evaluate and grade the proposals. Complete the evaluation of the proposals and provide a recommendation for the best proposal.
- Review construction sub-contracting bids with the General Contractor. Provide a report concerning the quality of the subcontractor safety programs, safety training program.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings and provide input and comments to during meeting concerning safety planning and requirements.
- Take residence at the project construction site and work with the contractors on a daily basis.
- Conduct several daily safety engagements with two-way communication and reports with particular attention to job hazard task analysis and high-risk activity such as working at heights, trenching, log out tag out try out, rigging, and the Company Safety Rules. Record violations of the Company rules, regulations, good practices.
- All activities will have an initial inspection conducted per the pre-construction meeting. Witness the work and approve of the safety methods. Work with the contractor to remedy deficient items.
- After initial inspection and approval of method and results all work will match the initial inspection requirements. Monitor and observe the safe work practices and drive corrections.
- Attend daily and weekly contractor safety briefings. Report on quality of the meeting and effectiveness of the communication.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Significant on-site Industrial Construction Management Experience. Significant safety related training and coursework.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and project management ability.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication including Spanish and English language.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision and the ability to suggest and implement ideas to bring value to the team.
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, communication, and planning skills required.
- Complete training programs and demonstrate understanding of the Company safety rules.
- Thorough knowledge and practical application of local, state, and federal safety regulations. Software Proficiency Requirements: Microsoft Excel, Project, Word.
- Completed 30 hour US OSHA or country equivalent safety training.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude by treating each person with respect on the job.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs