This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins are looking for HSE Inspector to join our team currently working on multiple projects across varying sectors in our KSA office.
N.B: We are currently pending award on several significant projects. Should we be awarded, this position is key role. Consequently we are keen to speak to individuals in the market place with the experience listed below for such potential future programmes of work.
** Preferably Only with Transferable Iqama or a Saudi National
- Degree qualified: Bachelor Degree in (Civil/Mechanical) Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience and preferably similar to this Project / Role.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of Infra Projects encompassing Road/Bridge Works.
- Flexible and willing to help Colleagues on documentation outside own Discipline.
- Effective in building good working relationships within the Projects, with Clients and Colleagues.
- Review and comment on Contractors risk assessments and work method statements.
- Develop and update Atkins HSE documents (the Safety File), e.g. HSE Plan, HSE specific site risk assessment, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc.
- Conduct accident and incident investigations for Atkins staff.
- Compile accident report and incident statistics.
- Chair weekly safety meetings where required with the Contractor and other parties as necessary. Issue MOM on time (within 48 hours). Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action by the Contractor in the weekly progress meetings.
- Prepare and maintain Atkins HSE registers, e.g. training, induction, SEN, inspection reports, accident/Incident, and others as required.
- Report any accident on site immediately to Atkins KSA Health and Safety Manager and Line Manager.
- Communicate, coordinate and seek any advice from Atkins KSA Health and Safety Manager as required.
- On major issues, prior to issuing Safety Enforcement Notices – Prohibition Notice – seek advice from Atkins KSA Health and Safety Manager.
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with KSA Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) legislation and Contractors HSE Plan and report and follow up any breaches.
- Liaise with the Employer, Contractors and the Site Supervision Team and report status of safety issues.
- Liaise with contractors’ Project Managers, Construction Managers and Safety Managers to improve safety provisions.
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly and other reports as required on safety matters for issue to the Employer and Project Manager.
- Ensure that relevant safety measures have been put in place for Atkins Engineers & Inspectors and provide training as and when require.
- Co-ordinate safety-related activities for Atkins team and mentor regularly.
- Carry out inductions for Atkins site staff.
- General HSSE advice as required
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 days working)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs