Why Join Us?
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team is currently looking for a Hull Surveyor working out of our Victoria, BC office. Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the position of Hull Surveyor will be responsible to provide marine surveying services and technical support to minor warships and auxiliary vessels.
How you will contribute?
- Perform vessel condition surveys and prepare reports
- coordinate inspections and operational trials with the ship's crew and technical authorities
- Survey ships for structural, mechanical, and electrical compliance
- Observe the operation of equipment and systems to assess functionality and identify failures and degradation
- Conduct ship inspections (hull/structure, tank, insulation, paint systems, and coatings)
- Provide field engineering services
- Prepare specific paint specifications in accordance with the current CFTO Paint Manual
- Prepare repair specifications
- Become familiar with corporate environmental, health and safety requirements and put these into practice daily
What you will contribute?
- Possess a university degree or diploma in naval architecture or marine surveying, or certified to the QL-6 level of military training, preferably Hull Tech.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in the field of marine surveying
- Additional Requirements:
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Ability to work in confined spaced
- Ability to work at heights using fall arrest PPE
- A working knowledge of the major classification society rules, SOLAS, and Transport Canada is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, planning, and organizing abilities with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ship construction/ repair experience is an asset
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs