Human Factors Specialist
Human Factors Specialist
SNC-Lavalin has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services and we are seeking to compliment the group with a Human Factors Specialist in our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) business.
In this role you will provide technical advice and oversee the Human Factors (HF) elements for projects across the nation. You will have a consultative attitude with the ability to move between the deliverables and outcomes of our team and the high expectations and challenges of our client and customer stakeholders.
You will need to be confident directing, driving and problem solving all aspects of the Human Factors portfolio for this project. We would like you to be keen to take on new challenges and adapt positively to change as they happen.
- Human Factors Integration- planning and progressive assurance;
- Management of HF issues and design requirements relating to the procurement and delivery of projects
- HF activities, methods, and assurance oversight required at different stage gates in the project schedule;
- Thoroughly analyse, troubleshoot, advise and present resolutions regarding HF risk and strategy to the client, stakeholders and internal project colleagues to minimise disruptions to future acceptance, operations or maintenance activities;
- Interface and collaborate with other teams, specialists and disciplines on HF issues that involve other aspects of the project delivery.
Skills and Experience
- Chartered (CIEHF) Ergonomist or Human Factors expert with a degree in a relevant discipline (Human Factors, Organisational Psychology), or 10 years related experience and training;
- Fully capable within the Human Factors discipline to act as assignment manager, technical practitioner and competent advisor;
- Significant rail and transport knowledge and ability to demonstrate your exposure to working with Rail Systems, Safety Assurance and other operational interfaces.
- Confidence when delivering presentations or reports to the project owner, customers and other stakeholders in the project environment;
- A consultative approach with at least 8-10 years exposure to large and complex operational rail transport organisations;
- Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills.
Why Join our team?
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs