Human Resources Business Partner – Europe
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner – Europe
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity
We combine ABB’s deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects. Linxon will undertake turnkey electrical alternating current substation projects related to renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and transportation solutions. Turnkey solutions will include project design, engineering, procurement, construction, management, commissioning and after-sales support.
Operating as part of the Human Resources team and reporting into the Global HR Manager you will be responsible for leading the HR function across Europe. The successful candidate will partner with business leaders of the JV to develop the relevant business strategy and create and implement the people strategies that will support its delivery for Linxon. You will provide consultation and support in the implementation of those HR strategies, ensuring the organization has the people capabilities to deliver present and future business goals. Acting as a change agent to ensure that business results are delivered will be a priority as well as using your influencing skills to develop and coach leaders of the business in Europe.
You will be comfortable operating in a business currently implementing HR systems and therefore with limited data, as well as what is a very fast paced and demanding environment. The successful candidate will have previously operated in a multinational company, with experience of delivering in a complex professional services environment.
- Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business
- Providing strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics
- Assisting in building strong talent pipelines and supporting managers in the interview process
- Supporting line managers across the business on organisational structure and design
- Preparing employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Working with the Reward team to manage employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintaining historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
HR business partner skills and competencies
An applicant will also be expected to have experience in a leadership position, either as an HR business partner in another organisation, or as an HR manager. You will also be required to have the following:
- Communication skills – delivering the strategies of the business will require you to talk to stakeholders from around the business. As such, you will need to be able to present effectively at different levels of seniority
- General skills – an HR business partner will need to be a true generalist, with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function (i.e. Learning & development, reward, compensation & benefits, mobility)
- Leadership – you will be working with line managers to deliver the function’s strategy. As such, you must be able to lead in the day to day operations of the business, and also on specific projects
- Coaching skills – you will be seen as a mentor within the function and the business at large. You must be comfortable in offering advice to both your peers and employees
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant country employment legislation – Sweden, UK, Switzerland, Slovakia, Ireland, and Spain.
- Fluency in English and Swedish both spoken and written, fluency in additional languages will be beneficial
- Extensive HR Operations experience with excellent planning, project management and coordination skills, preferably for Engineering and Construction businesses
- Able to adopt a “hands on approach” during the initial HR function set up
- Results and customer service oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation, reporting and networking skills
- Passion for working with and learning from individuals from various countries/cultures
- Excellent interpersonal, influential and organizational skills
- Possess a high level of self-belief and independence to support difficult but credible challenges during discussions.
- Track record of delivering effective change management in the people environment
- Ability to travel within in Europe
To Know more about Linxon, click on the link below.
Our Latest Articles