Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Human Resources Business Partner
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Human resources Business Partner will conducts generalist HR functions, under the general direction of the Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM). May supervise Human Resources Representatives and/or give HR direction to administrative contacts at ancillary offices and worksites in assigned area of responsibility. Acts as liaison between HR subject matter specialists and employees and managers at assigned locations to ensure proper communication, administration and implementation of company benefits and policies.
Atkins is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our Denver, CO office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assists in the administration of insurance benefits by explaining basic plan coverage and directing personnel to available resources for claims problems. Coordinates Open Enrollment activities at assigned offices. Coordinates health fairs and other Wellness initiatives, working with vendors.
- Supports the centralized New Hire Orientation process at assigned locations by securing equipment and location, and providing required forms. Sends Checklist to Hiring Manager prior to employee’s first day of employment. Meets with new hire following online Orientation and verifies all forms have been completed and signed; provides local office information and Welcome gift. Submits paperwork required for Oracle input to HRMS staff, for timely processing of personnel information.
- Provides counsel and advice to employees and managers on company policies and procedures and applicable local, state and federal laws. Takes preventive measures to minimize potential problems, ensuring that progressive discipline steps are taken and written documentation exists when necessary. Consults with RHRM and HR subject matter specialists, and acts as liaison between employee and supervisor to achieve satisfactory conflict resolution.
- Creates and manages job requisitions or refers managers with job openings to the appropriate Recruiter. Supports managers during the interview process at local level.
- Sends Electronic Welcome Letter/Packet to new hires. Responds to inquiries from new hires regarding completion of paperwork or routine benefits questions.
- Coaches and counsels managers and employees in the Performance Management process.
- Works with employees and Payroll to resolve any timesheet or paycheck issues. Explains paycheck stub to employees to provide understanding of deductions and other items.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of company policies and procedures, as well as HR-related government regulations, to be able to give appropriate advice to managers and ensure compliance.
- Assists with leave of absence process by ensuring Leave of Absence Request form is completed. Submits paperwork to HRMS staff for processing ensuring compliance with FMLA regulations. Responds to employee/manager questions related to leaves of absence. Reviews weekly reports and brings discrepancies to the attention of the Human Relations Manager.
- Acts as liaison between employee, the Human Relations Manager and third party administrator concerning immigration issues.
- Follows up with employees and managers as necessary to ensure compliance with company-wide processes and company-wide processes and initiatives (e.g., Open Enrollment; Performance Management; ethics training; Environment, Health and Safety; Manager Essentials).
- Directs personnel to Office Safety Liaisons at local offices or to Environment, Health and Safety group to report Incident, Injury and Accidents. Assists with Worker's Compensation.
- May gather documentation, or participate in conference calls, to respond to Unemployment Claims.
- Conducts termination interviews.
- Sets up and maintains personnel and medical benefits folders.
- Updates local office bulletin boards to include Labor Law posters, Labor Law digest, forms and others.
- In the corporate role, handles a variety of special projects, as well as having responsibility for service award administration; new hire and post hire questionnaire administration; Axis content coordination; HR teamsite administration; succession planning support; budget preparation/updating and expense monitoring support; and flexible schedule support.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of three years of hands-on HR experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Good judgment, tact, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work under the stress of multiple tasks, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and effectively deal with all levels of employees and managers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- PHR preferred.
- Ability to operate computer keyboard. Ability to work under the pressure of frequent deadlines.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Salary Range: $73,000-$77,000yr
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs