Human Resources Business Partner
Why join us?
Join TransitNEXT and become part of the Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) position reports to the Vice-President, Human Resources Construction and is responsible to provide day-to-day human resources management services for managers and employees in the Trillium project office in Ottawa.
The HRBP acts as a partner to the Business by implementing HR strategy and providing professional HR guidance and support to internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. The HRBP is responsible for overseeing programs and procedures that cover several HR areas including workforce planning, talent management, employee onboarding, employee relations, performance management, terminations, managing disability leaves and return to work and training as required. The HRBP also works closely with the Recruitment Advisors to ensure that recruitment needs are defined and supported throughout the talent acquisition process.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Contribute to the business and project strategy by helping the leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes to ensure that the needs are balanced with the need for consistency and equity across the project, the business unit and SNC-Lavalin.
- Provide the interface to clients in order to manage key HR processes, identify the needs of the project that have implications for HR strategy and policy and to provide direct support in the development and implementation of strategies for organizational effectiveness.
- Provide strategic and tactical internal consulting/facilitation and problem-solving advice and services to managers and employees for HR programs and services.
- Coach managers and employees on key areas such as: Talent Review, Performance Management, recruitment, terminations, diversity and inclusion, compensation, employee development, employment equity, mobility, change management, team effectiveness and team building to support project efficiency.
- Work with the Recruitment team and managers to ensure all aspects of the recruitment and selection process are supported (jointly review project staffing plans, reassignment and staff availability lists, etc.)
- Develop retention strategies with managers and interpret and communicate organizational metrics.
- Work on employee engagement initiatives to improve culture and retention of key talent.
- Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business.
- Liaise with the HR community of practice both internally and externally, to stay current with new trends in human resources management.
- Ensure understanding of the project strategic business plan and to ensure support on-going effective positioning with the business.
- Coach clients on training & development opportunities for employees.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, audits and reporting etc, are in compliance.
What will you contribute?
- 8+ years progressive generalist experience in HR, preferably with considerable exposure to performance management, complex employee relations issues, program implementation and facilitation;
- University Degree or completion of a Human Resources Management degree/diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- CHRL designation is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of the project structure and influence decisions;
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Experience working in Construction environment most likely on major project is an asset;
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as the primary HR partner as part of a cross functional management team.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to _______? Apply now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com