Human Resources Business Partner
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The positions are based out of our office in Toronto and Ottawa and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
In a matrix structure the HRBP acts as a partner to the business by implementing corporate and sector level HR strategy. The HRBP provides HR guidance and support through overseeing programs that cover several HR areas including workforce planning, talent management, employee onboarding, employee relations, performance management, terminations, training, managing disability leaves and return to work as required. The HRBP also works closely with the Recruitment Shared Service to ensure that recruitment needs are defined and supported throughout the talent acquisition process.
The HRBP position is located in either Toronto or Ottawa.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Establish effective working relationships and business partnerships based on trust, experience, and credibility with internal client group.
- Provide coaching on key areas such as: Talent Review, Performance Management, recruitment, terminations, diversity and inclusion, compensation, employee development, employment equity, mobility, change management, team effectiveness.
- Work with the Recruitment team and managers to ensure all aspects of the recruitment and selection process are supported (jointly review project staffing plans, reassignment and staff availability lists etc).
- Prepare internal and external compensation analysis for offers, internal employment changes, ie. Promotions, acting assignments, etc.
- Responsible to implement SNC-Lavalin and policies, processes, and practices. Provide input to continual improve policies, processes and practices to assist the business and ensure effective operation of business.
- Understand needs of the Company in order to provide proactive HR support and services aligned to those needs and to the Company’s mission, vision, values, and strategic / business plans.
- Work on employee engagement initiatives to improve culture and retention of key talent.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources.
- Oversee day-to-day human resources support and services.
What will you contribute?
- 8-10+ years progressive generalist experience in HR, preferably with considerable exposure to performance management, complex employee relations issues, complimented by strong employee and management coaching experience.
- University Degree or completion of a Human Resources Management degree/diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Ability to work as the primary HR partner as part of a cross functional management team.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of the organization and influence decisions.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- CHRL designation is preferred.
- Experience working in Engineering Services and/or EPC environment is desirable.
- Bilingual (English & French) is an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e., group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com