Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is seeking a Human Resources Director to join our Nuclear group in Oak Ridge, TN.
You will provide guidance and leadership to management in the implementation of human resources (HR) policies and processes that support company objectives. You will serve as a resource to support and advise business leaders regarding decisions affecting the employee population.
Are accessible to employees in order to support their needs and to create a positive and safe working environment. Provide leadership to HR Business Partners.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manages HR business partners and members of their HR groups.
- Evaluates current HR practices and recommends changes to enhance HR function capabilities and effectiveness.
- Monitors and provides guidance to management and employees regarding compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Addresses and/or assists management in resolving employee relations issues, charges or complaints in a timely manner.
- Functions as an effective change agent and advocates for continuous improvement that supports both business and employees.
- Facilitates employee onboarding and employee termination.
- Uses analysis and creative problem solving skills to research and analyze HR issues and problems, make recommendations to management and lead the implementation of resolutions.
- Maintains expertise through continued learning in the areas of HR, policies, laws and regulations.
- Acts as a liaison between the company and employees by communicating corporate policies and initiatives to employees.
- Understands, complies with and holds all employees accountable to the environmental health and safety policies and procedures. Ensures that employees attend required training.
- Manages HR related special projects.
- Communicates directly with management and employees to ensure accurate levels of support are provided.
- Collaborates with corporate recruiter and assists in meeting companywide staffing needs.
- Facilitates companywide HR training as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree required in HR or a related field required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of HR experience and 6 years of management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate policies, procedures and other information to both employees and management.
- Successful work experience and knowledge in the following functional areas: Recruitment; Employment Law; Labor Relations; Employee and Leadership Development; Training; Benefits and Compensation.
- Ability to analyze data, recognize HR/employee trends and make appropriate recommendations based on the data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and business matters.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to share ideas and communicate feedback in a positive manner.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs