HVAC And Building Services Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Exton, PA, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a HVAC & Building Services Engineer in SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering department and reporting to the Manager of HVAC & Building Services, you will review proposal requests from clients and prepare fee estimates and proposals, meet project budget and schedule and coordinate with architectural, electrical, plumbing/process and structural disciplines.
What will be your contribution?
- Delegate and direct work to Designers, Drafters and interns. Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Participate in owner meetings for project kick-off and review presentations and lead discipline related discussion.
- Conduct field surveys of existing conditions and on-site construction progress punch list reviews.
- Write commissioning documents and perform associated field checks.
- Complete Quality Management Training and comply with the program upholding a commitment to a culture of quality in all aspects of work.
- Work independently solving complex problems.
Prepare, design, select, coordinate, and review of the following:
- HVAC system;
- Plumbing and Fire Protection systems;
- Concepts and basis of design documents;
- Building heating and cooling loads;
- Air flow and room-to-room pressurization diagrams;
- Hydronic flow diagrams and riser diagrams;
- LEED documentation;
- Static pressure and pump head calculations;
- Chillers, boilers, heat exchangers and associated central plant equipment selections;
- Air handlers, exhaust fans, air valves and diffusers selections;
- Specifications, sequence of operation, and controls points lists;
- Water, sewer and gas usage calculations;
- Domestic hot water boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, clean steam generators, valves and regulators, plumbing fixtures, and process coolers;
- Shop drawing reviews and requests for information.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience in an engineering firm as an HVAC Engineer.
- Plumbing and Fire Protection design experience is preferred.
- Experience with clean rooms, pharmaceutical, chemical, industrial and biotech facilities is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCad, Revit and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Load program such as Carrier HAP or Trane Trace.
- LEED certification and Licensed Professional Engineer is preferred.