HVAC Mechanical Designer
HVAC Mechanical Designer
Why join us?
Provide design, production and coordination of construction plans and drawings in support of HVAC and mechanical engineering systems, including support of Plumbing and Fire Protection engineers when needed. Responsibilities include performing HVAC load calculations, sizing and specifying equipment, ductwork and piping layout. A high level of engineering judgment and experience in developing the appropriate quality engineering solutions; coordinating as needed with the activities of other team members.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, Fl Architectural Engineering Group as a HVAC/Mechanical Designer.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Designs and develops HVAC plans and supporting calculations, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or construction documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary, including support of the Fire Protection and Plumbing engineers.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field-observations of existing conditions in preliminary design phase.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- As role progresses, shall provide engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with permit set & specifications.
- Assist as needed to provide RFI responses to field-conditions.
- Minimum of 5 years of current experience using both HVAC software and CAD software as the primary tools to generate HVAC design documents.
- Fluent in use of HVAC load calculation software, primarily Carrier H.A.P., and secondarily Trane Trace. Minimum of 5 years of current experience using software as primary tool to produce HVAC calculations.
- Proficient is use of MS Word and Excel.
- Air distribution system layout and sizing.
- Hydronic piping system layout and sizing.
- Scheduling and selecting terminal equipment (fan coils, air terminal units, unit heaters, etc)
- Scheduling and selection of Exhaust Fans, Supply Fans, AHUs, VAVs, Grease Hoods.
- Performs designs with proficient use in CAD.
- Upholds strict observance of client-specific design directives and methodologies.
- Maintains updated knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and applies them to plans, as needed.
- Assist with Plumbing and Fire Protection design, as needed, based on ability and experience
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent technical discipline plus five years' experience, or Associate's degree plus a minimum of twelve years' progressive drafting and design experience, including at least four as a Designer, or HS diploma (or equivalent) plus a minimum of fifteen years progressive drafting and design experience, including at least seven as a Designer.
- Proficiency in AutoCad is mandatory. MicroStation and Revit experience is preferred.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- HVAC design experience is mandatory; Plumbing and Fire Protection experience is preferred.
- No registration required; however, incumbent should be seeking applicable registration if movement onto the Engineering or Architecture career path is contemplated.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and operate computer equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Ability to interpret data, conceptualize ideas, and prepare designs
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs