Hydraulic Modeller - Derby
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Network & Drainage Engineering team is one of the largest in the UK with clients that include water companies, local authorities, major airports and a range of international customers. We are currently seeking a Hydraulic Modeller to join our team based in Derby. This is a great opportunity to expand your experience, work with industry leaders and further develop your career within a forward-thinking consultancy.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of urban drainage issues, software and analysis approaches. They will have experience with hydrological techniques such as urban and rural rainfall-runoff, statistical estimation, stochastic weather generators and . Knowledge of the UK's Flood Estimation Handbook would be advantageous. Sound knowledge of clean water modelling packages and experience in the design of solutions that improve water infrastructure systems would be advantageous.
Education and Professional Qualifications
Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline (BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng)
Chartered or working towards this professional status (CEng, C.WEM or relevant other)
- Sound knowledge of network modelling and data analysis packages such as InfoWorks, MicroDrainage or InfoNet
- Experience in applying analytical techniques to urban drainage issues (such as through SOAF, resilience and capacity metrics)
- Experience in the development of solutions to improve water infrastructure systems
- Understanding of safe working practices for site visits when working on water infrastructure assets (including working in the highway, operational sites and in confined spaces)
- Working knowledge of GIS packages (e.g. MapInfo and / or ArcGIS)
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in the following areas would also be advantageous
- Line Management
- Water and sewer mains rehabilitation
- Water distribution modelling (Synergi, InfoWater)
- Coding (Ruby, R, FME)
- Urban drainage modelling and analysis to understand overall system performance
- Root cause analysis and development of outline solutions
- Technical report writing
- Leading water infrastructure based projects
- Direct liaison and interacting with Clients and other stakeholders
- Team development
- Line management of apprentices and technicians
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety”
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.