I & C Design Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a I&C Design Engineer to join the nuclear team in Aiken, SC.
- Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
- Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
- Candidate must demonstrate ten (10) years of direct I&C design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
- Candidate must demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs and distributed control systems.
- Experience with 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.
- Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.
- Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience is preferred.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, I&C Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines.
- Will consider five (5) years of related design experience (in addition to the required 10 years design experience) as an equivalent to the education or registration requirements.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
- Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.