I&C designer - Junior /Engineer-In-Training
I&C designer - Junior /Engineer-In-Training
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in Mining & Metals. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
SNC-Lavalin's Mining & Metallurgy Engineering Buildings group has been providing Consulting Engineering services across Canada since 1962. In that time we have gathered together a creative and highly skilled team of building design professionals. SNC-Lavalin's continuous investment in the technical and managerial competence of our people allows us to contribute to our Clients’ success.
Our Toronto office is looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation EIT to join our growing team
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Combination of design directly on CAD and preparation of mark-ups for others
- Complete design of repetitive projects, including all co-ordination with other disciplines.
- Design Electrical and Instrumentation portions of larger projects independently.
- Site take-offs (with support by more Senior Engineer or Designer)
- Perform various programming tasks on systems based on Allen Bradley , ABB, Siemens, Schneider.
- Attend co-ordination meetings for small projects
- Prepare specifications and datasheets for specific Electrical and Instrumentation equipment
- Obtain information on equipment from suppliers. Select equipment with input from Project Engineer
- Coordinate with Utilities and Municipalities regarding incoming services, under guidance of senior Engineer
- Review of shop drawings, under supervision of senior Senior Designer or Engineer
- Answer questions from Contractor during construction
- Attend site meetings during construction, along with a more senior staff member
- Coordinate field review for small or repetitive projects
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Currently registered as an EIT
- General knowledge of AutoCAD, Smart Plant 3D Knowledge of Revit (BIM), SPI (former Intools) and Micro Station would be an additional asset
- Ability to communicate clearly by telephone and in writing
- Ability to organize several projects with some help, and to ensure all components are designed at the appropriate time
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time
- Familiarity with relevant North American codes and standards including OBC, OESC, CSA, NEC NFPA, IEEE would be an asset
- English /French speaking is preferred but not mandatory
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs