This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Sweeny, Texas and reports to the Site Supervisor. The I&E Design team is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of CAD drawings and delivery of corporate & client drafting needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a I&E Designer in the SNC-Lavalin’s Design department you will work as part of the Refinery Owner Design Team and will be responsible for creating and revising I&E drawings throughout the design and MOC processes. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client engineering and design teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and IMS and standards.
- Field walk outs, drawing searches and retrievals, creating construction scope documents and revisions to drawings via redline mark ups with some drafting.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Technical college graduation with 5-10 years’ of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- 5-10 years’ of experience in instrument design.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- In depth knowledge of Instrumentation standards, methods and practices required.
- Proficient in the following software: AutoCAD, Intools, 3D CAD, Smartplant 3D and PDS is a plus.
- 5 Years of SPI experience is Preferred.
- Basic design and construction knowledge required.
- Familiar with PIP Standards.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
- Ability to generate 3D models.
- MS Office (Excel and Word) and SAP product proficiency required.
- Work Schedule – 5/8-hour days, typical work schedule 7:30am – 4pm
- Long Term Position – begin with 3 month trial period
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs