ICT & Telecoms Design Engineer
ICT & Telecoms Design Engineer
Empowering projects in a complex world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on.
Talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
An exciting opportunity for an ICT Design Engineer to join our 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) division. You'll be supported to work on transformation projects designing ICT/CIS infrastructures, Data Centres and Cabling Systems for high profile public and private sector clients. Keep yourself challenged on our wide variety of projects, from niche consultancy schemes to large, high profile programmes.
- Reporting to the Capability Lead for ICT Infrastructure, you will manage, co-ordinate and produce designs to support project work and offer consultancy to both other parts of business as well as external clients.
- As well as Infrastructure design, you may also undertake technical site surveys, investigations, site installation activities and technical assurance of ICT/CIS infrastructure. You will support our clients through all the lifecycle stages of a project from requirements capture, business case development and initial design through to detailed design, installation, commissioning, handover and in life support.
- When not actively involved in project work, you will support the bid teams in providing responses to proposals/PQQ/ITT and assisting the Capability lead in building the experience and profile of the capability.
- The role can be based from Epsom, Bristol or Glasgow with travel to other UK mainland locations as required. There are opportunities for secondment into other Atkins teams and the possibility of work overseas.
What can you bring?
- Knowledge of ICT/CIS passive infrastructure systems, ideally including HVAC and power requirements.
- Experience in the design of resilient communications infrastructure and data centres produce high quality project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
- Client liaison, relationship management and business development.
- Awareness of security and information assurance and of Project management requirements and techniques.
Technical Competencies –
- Engineering degree or equivalent desirable.
- Competent in use of MS Project, AutoCAD, and MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to create documents/ reports/ processes appropriate to the needs of the recipient.
The following are also preferable, but not essential –
- CIDA qualification.
- CDCDP, CTPM, CNIDP or RCDD qualification.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs