Immersive Media Developer
We are looking to recruit a talented Immersive Media Developer to support a growing team of developers based in Bristol.
The successful candidate will be working to develop a variety of interactive experiences, including VR and AR, to communicate and interact with engineering and architectural design. You should have a good understanding of the Unity development environment and be passionate about developing your skills further.
You will be part of the Creative Design practice, who are based in key locations throughout the UK, consisting of 50+ talented designers, developers and visualisers who provide a professional visual communication service to its UK and worldwide markets.
We deliver world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Environment Agency and HS2.
• Collaborate effectively with a high energy team of developers and producers.
• Support our interactive developers to produce high quality digital experiences.
• Help develop C# program solutions for Unity.
• Test and debug new features and VR prototypes.
• Use in house tools and plugins to setup new projects.
• Populating project scenes with provided assets
• Ensure consistent quality and performance.
• Tracking of time spent on project tasks and communicating these with project leads.
Required skills and experience
• Minimum 2.1 university degree in games development, computer science or similar.
• Strong knowledge of the Unity engine.
• Good working knowledge of C# and OOP.
• Strong maths and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of 3D file formats, concepts and techniques.
• Good time management and communication skills.
• Understanding animation principles.
• Experience with VR platforms and hardware.
• Experience using GIT source control.
• Experience with 3D modelling and texturing.
Please send up to date CV along with suitable portfolio examples
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.