Information and Data Manager - Digital Asset Management
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a leader in transport asset management. We have ambitious growth plans in this area including moving beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of our end-to-end philosophy. We are backing this with investment to rapidly grow our staff capability and capacity and to develop new products and services. Our Solutions span into other sectors in the UK and globally across SNC-Lavalin, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 1000-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Atkins Transportation Division and is responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways, Rail and Local Transport sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL, Train Operators and ROSCOEs. We offer a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise which other parts of the SNC-Lavalin Atkins business offers.
Our Information and Data Exploitation team is critical within our bid & live project teams to provide methodical investigation, capture and analysis of data and information to assist clients in driving improvements. Their key role is to develop actionable data-driven insights to enable our clients to drive improvement, working with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels to understand business goals and strategy, tactical client objectives, existing business functions and core processes, and the availability and quality of data.
We are looking for a Practice Manager to drive the growth and performance of the Information and Data Exploitation team, developing our technical capability and offerings with a range of clients. You will be responsible for developing diverse and entrepreneurial capabilities for our people in order to deliver against our strategy for new business growth in Digital Asset Management.
Specific role objectives include:
- Enthusing our people through effective performance and development plans that align to their career opportunities and the needs of the business.
- Liaising with the Practice Director to ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies.
- Working as part of the Digital Asset Management leadership team to develop the strategies and plans for driving business growth and market differentiating offerings and services
- Supporting the technical development of staff within the practice team.
- Working with the market and business development teams to engage with clients and actively sell our technical capabilities.
- Developing the team’s information modelling capability.
- Growing our strategic capability for information specification, management and governance.
- Degree or Equivalent Job Experience in Role
- Experience of leading/managing teams.
- Experienced people manager with good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrable collaborative behaviours to interface with the Practice Director, Team Leaders, and other parts of Atkins.
- Experience in understanding customer requirements and developing winning bids.
- Identifying and prioritising client challenges and barriers to change.
- Capturing clients’ requirements to create delivery plans and solution options.
- Demonstrable understanding of the strategic importance of data and information in the asset intensive industries and a track record of delivery of actionable data and information insights with major clients
- Working in complex multi-disciplined service-based environments, e.g. Technology, Engineering, Infrastructure, Safety Critical.
As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for.
- Co-ordinating the Analyst Team to deliver business performance with focus on meeting or exceeding productivity and revenue targets.
- Co-ordinating with Practice director, team leaders, technical leads, project managers, market leads and other Atkins staff (and associates/sub-contractors) to establish resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities and ensure appropriate resource allocation.
- Reviewing and co-ordinating business and tender opportunities on a regular basis.
- Leading the recruitment of staff in line with the business requirements and future opportunities.
- Ensuring the project work is delivered in the most efficient and effective way.
- Having responsibility for developing staff through training and competence review in line with the requirements of their respective disciplines.
- Line management of direct report Staff.
- Developing methodologies, tools and approaches for delivering information and data exploitation -type work for Digital Asset Management clients.
As part of the Analyst Delivery Team, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with the client to understand and document their current operations, challenges and barriers to change.
- Analysing & prioritising client needs and challenges into data and information requirements, solution options and delivery plans, and managing the delivery and quality of project teams.
- Collaborating with technical leads/subject matter experts by either leading or supporting delivery of projects.
- Able to lead the practice team so that it has a reputation for technical excellence and quality of delivery in a relevant discipline.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is reliable, proactive and innovative, whilst able to keep calm under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good management qualities.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff development.
- Able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with both clients and the practice teams.
- Be available to travel across the UK if required.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to develop solid working relationships with clients.
- Able to innovate strategically with a passion for keeping abreast of developments and their applications.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles