Information Manager/System Analyst
Information Manager/System Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Information Manager / Systems Analyst
As part of our growing commitment to the digitisation of the built environment, innovation in digital engineering and design, and the rising importance of information and data in the construction sector we are looking to find new talent to support our growing information management and digital engineering team on some of our largest infrastructure programmes.
As one of the largest infrastructure consultancies worldwide, we work with our clients to deliver transformative projects. From the development of organisational benefits and business cases to support process digitisation, to building new open-source tech to power London’s planning system, to the application of user-focused discovery and service design to enable technology planning and integration – we have a vision for change. Our Digital Futures Programme is a global initiative focused on transforming how our business delivers traditional design, as well as creating the new, such as digital twins, smart cities, automation products, and novel applications of computer vision and data science.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who demonstrate delivery excellence, innovation, a deep understanding of digital technology (BIM, customer focused discovery, automation, programming) and collaborative behaviours to help lead our most important programmes’ approaches to delivery of information management and related systems. You will champion the application and value of Information Management alongside our Clients, apply your knowledge in user-focused discovery and service design to target real benefits across the lifecycle of asset delivery in the AEC sectors.
We love different – economist data scientists, architect manufacturing grads, computer scientist civil engineers, and everything in between, and encourage applications from individuals who feel passionate about the future of our sector. With a knowledge or interest in the engineering, architectural and/or construction sector, we are looking for diverse individuals who understand the opportunity of changing workflows and clarity in the value around technology to enable real change in the sector. You will be motivated, excited and a team player.
- Proven ability in the delivery of user-focused/customer discovery with focus on systems/service design (often Common Data Environment as anchor), persona development and application of best practice in Information Management.
- An ability to rapidly align to client need, delivery capability and design requirement to develop a BIM and Digital Strategy for our Clients and delivery teams that is tangible, deliverable, and will deliver value to our client and project team.
- Understanding of the principles of Information Management functions as outlined in international standards (EN ISO 19650:1/2).
- Programme level management of multiple work package teams to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality data to our clients.
- Evidence and ability to apply Agile delivery methodologies to manage and maintain delivery strategies for project teams and clients.
- Setting the technology stack strategy, then ensuring it is implemented and used across our Client and supplier teams. Designing the necessary workflows and processes to ensure adoption of technology across delivery supply chains. This might include traditional ‘BIM’ technologies, utilisation of GIS data environments, or adoption of collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Microsoft Teams, Miro/Slack/Trello)
- Guiding, advising and enabling project set up support – for example, BEP development and implementation including establishing project related processes, protocols and CDE arrangements.
- Working across the broader business to ensure successful discipline integration around Information Management and technology development. This will include reach-back to our technical experts in BIM, GIS, digital engineering, automation, machine learning and design.
- Stay informed of digital tools developments within the wider business and identify opportunities for transfer of tools, knowledge, and skills.
- Intensely collaborative, understanding that Atkins, our supply chain, our partners in delivery, and our clients are one team – you are the voice and champion of that whenever you represent our business.
- Commercial awareness, ability to tailor strategy and technical requirements to company demands
- Confident leading and working as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, autonomous but able to work effectively with the wider team.
- Willing to lead in change management processes
- Driven to pursue continued education in BIM and connect with wider internal and external industry community.
- We are looking for candidates with a range of experience in a leadership role in the construction industry, championing BIM, information management, digital engineering and design. Salary will be scaled based on experience.
- In-depth knowledge of UK BIM Level 2 requirements and beyond
- In-depth experience of utilising Common Data Environments to support project delivery
- Good knowledge of Information Management processes and standards
- Good knowledge of Asset Management standards
- Leadership experience, ideally in a project or programme management role.
- Good knowledge of digital tools (e.g. software) within the architectural/ construction industry
- Ideally an understanding of the whole-life construction lifecycle from design to construction and manufacture, including an understanding of its relevance in light of the changing industry environment
- Experience of utilising automation process to improve efficiency (e.g. use of Dynamo)
- An understanding of the latest developments in the AEC technology ecosystem.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs