Infrastructure - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Infrastructure - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for an exceptional Assistant Quantity Surveyor with experience in the delivery of infrastructure/highways projects to support our Swansea office, servicing highways and infrastructure projects in our South West region. The right individual will possess experience in supporting the delivery of commercial services functions for the design of infrastructure/highways projects and construction using NEC 3/4 contracts.
Faithful+Gould is currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be based in our Swansea Office. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our Infrastructure team, with the potential for career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of infrastructure projects and to develop the Infrastructure team in the South West. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative, engaging and adaptable individual to:
- Support the delivery of commercial management services across the infrastructure, highways and civil engineering sector.
- Provide support to the infrastructure team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Responsibility, under supervision act as Assistant Quantity Surveyor for smaller projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Provide support to the commercial team on larger, more complex projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Preparing Client cost reports and reporting on change during the life of a project.
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct Construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Understanding of Highways Construction technology and methodology alongside how this translates into costs.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Actively broaden your experience in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Commercial Services toolkit.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- An understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- A relevant or equivalent construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions ie. CIOB or RICS
- Involvement on commissions/projects as an Assistant QS or a similar role
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities, and be able to support the delivery of this service effectively to Clients
- Experience of both public and private sector clients
- Experience in working on projects within the infrastructure sectors
- The ability to support the management of a project throughout its lifecycle
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- Clean Driving Licence
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs