Infrastructure Cabling and Field Installation Specialist
Infrastructure Cabling and Field Installation Specialist
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Design and specify inside and outside plant cabling for communication systems.
- Produce procurement specifications for materials and testing of cable infrastructure components.
- Design and specify telecommunication racks and equipment layout in the rack.
- Write procurement specifications for installation, grounding and mounting of telecommunication equipment racks.
- Produce plans and test procedures for Pre-Installation and Check Out (PICO) activities for cables and racks.
- Coordinating with Systems Information Modelling team (2D, 3D, BIM) to produce detailed cable run list and equipment layout in the rack to support the design.
- Develop cabling infrastructure reequipment compliance matrices and related project support documentation.
- Supporting projects acting as an interface between the design team and construction teams to support the installation of communication systems equipment infrastructure such as racks, network equipment, servers, CAT cabling, optical fibre cabling, patch panels, splices, etc.
- Review and respond to site Requests for Information (RFIs), and requests for clarification from construction teams.
- Perform site inspections to ensure that work is being performed in compliance with applicable standards, design specifications and drawings.
- Document site inspections and prepare site visit reports for submission to the construction team and client.
- Review and assist with modification of design/design drawings as required due to construction related issues.
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technologist Diploma required, preferably in an Engineering field (Electrical/Computer/Mechanical), or related Program.
- 8 years of experience in a similar role (Infrastructure Cabling and Field Installation Specialist)
- Experience with tendering processes including RFP and RFQ and relevant documentation will be considered valuable.
- In depth knowledge of Communication system cabling infrastructure and standards such as Ethernet Copper category and Optical Cables such as OTDR and OLTS, certification and testing.
- In depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA Standards, BICSI will be considered very valuable.
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role is an asset, not required.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Self-motivated, self-Learner and able to work with limited direct supervision.
- A genuine team player, willing to share knowledge and can think out of the box.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites.
- Must be willing to travel to vendor locations.
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of time.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs