Infrastructure Engineer Computing
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
The Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role to manage, monitor, implement and support the server infrastructure. Working in the Computing Services Team within the Infrastructure Division you will provide support with resolving incidents, implementing project tasks, implementing customer requests and offering technical advice to other project teams.
This role may suit an individual who has experience within a 3rd line server support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting server-based issues within a large organisation. There will be scope to develop scripts and automation processes to support a global technical computing environment. The successful candidate will be somebody who is dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within a tight budget.
- Resolving 3rd line server related incident support calls.
- Transitioning documented procedures to and mentoring the global operational support teams.
- Evaluating and resolving server performance issues and requests.
- Designing and deploying new solutions.
- Building / deploying server resources.
- Manage the technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required.
- Creation of standard server builds.
- Proactively monitoring the use of physical and virtual environments, including fully redundant and clustered services.
- Improving/automating and scripting administrative procedures.
- Available as a technical resource available for project-based work.
- Continual service improvement through best practise and new and innovative technologies
Essential Technical Requirements
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate 5 years’ experience with the following:
- Proven experience of a wide range of server hardware including HP (rack mount and C7000 blade chassis), Cisco UCS and Dell.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- VMWare Virtual Environments (vSphere 5.x/6.x).
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop platforms.
- Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Cloud platforms – Azure & AWS.
- Configuring, deploying server resources.
- Working within a helpdesk / support environment, dealing with customer issues through to resolution.
- Restore/DR procedures.
- Knowledge of monitoring & reporting based systems.
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Advanced server-based troubleshooting and monitoring within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Group Policy management within a mixed client environment, filtering and targeting policies.
- Troubleshooting data structures and drive mapping issues.
- Benchmarking and server performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting and deploying Citrix servers, farms, published/streamed applications and desktops.
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Networking fundamentals and basic troubleshooting.
- SAN disk array and fabric management.
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization.
- Worked in an Engineering environment.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies
We expect our employees to commit to our values.