This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Purpose of the Role:
The Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role to monitor, support and administer the Identity & Authentication product set. This includes; Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Multi-Factor Authentication, Certificate Services, KMS and ADFS. Working within the Identity Team (part of the Global Infrastructure Division) you will provide support with resolving incidents, implementing customer requests, delivering on projects and offering technical advice to project teams.
This role would suit an individual who has good experience within a 3rd line support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting Identity related issues within a large organisation. The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within budget constraints.
- Resolving 3rd line Identity related support calls, including root cause analysis for a “Fix Once” approach
- Advance Active Directory troubleshooting and monitoring
- Group Policy management within a mixed client environment, filtering and targeting policies
- Creating and administering Single Sign On (SSO) trusts between in house and 3rd party systems
- Improving and/or automating, scripting administrative procedures
- Monitoring the Identity services with System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Continual service improvement through best practise and innovative technologies
Experience Required (Essential)
- Advanced Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, and AD FS
- Troubleshooting DNS, DFS/FRS and NTDS replication
- Forest / domain recovery processes
- Azure AD & Azure Connect, troubleshooting replication issues between inhouse and hosted services
- Scripting with PowerShell. Automating administration based tasks.
- Knowledge of monitoring & reporting based systems, ideally SCOM.
- Working within a helpdesk / support environment, dealing with customer issues through to resolution
Experience Required (Desirable)
- Server build processes, both Physical and Virtual
- Managing, supporting and monitoring a Microsoft Server Platform
- Public Key Infrastructure Solutions
- Microsoft Direct Access
- Enterprise Storage Solutions
- Networking fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies