Infrastructure – Environment Summer and Industrial Year Placements Scheme (2019)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We deliver innovative solutions to some of the biggest water and environmental challenges of our time. So, we’re looking to develop the skills of the industry experts of the future. Our specialisms include geo-environmental engineering, contaminated land, water management, flood management, waste management, air quality, environmental impact assessments and urban design. This means varied careers for our environmental scientists and engineers, ecologists, hydrogeologists and acousticians.
We offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on, to the directions you can take your career in. Whatever your ambitions, we’ve a role to match your passion and degree.
What you’ll be doing and where you'll be based
Learning to become a future business leader, you’ll get involved with activities in one of these specialist teams:
Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology
- summer placements are available in Exeter
The Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology Practice is a well-established multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of projects. We have a number of national frameworks and have considerable experience working with numerous local authorities on due diligence and peer review projects and private clients/developers on the investigation, assessment, remediation and redevelopment of brownfield land. We're looking for highly motivated undergraduates to work on risk assessments, brownfield land regeneration, regulatory engagement, project management and to help deliver the high standard of geo-environmental consultancy services for which we are renowned.
Who we’re looking for
• be a talented undergraduate on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above in environmental science, ecology, geology, hydrology, flood risk or a relevant scientific, design or engineering discipline
• be confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
• have good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
• be able to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment
• possess keen attention to detail and the drive to keep on learning
• ideally be skilled in computer programming and modelling
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favourite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Like us on Facebook: InsideAtkins
Follow us on Twitter: @InsideAtkins
Add us on Snapchat: AtkinsNextGen
Follow us on Instagram: atkins_global
Follow us on LinkedIn: Atkins
Watch us on YouTube: Early Careers
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You'll have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry.
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme
In addition, you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits – for full details of our comprehensive benefits package please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please select the ‘apply now’ button below. Alternatively, for details around what our application process involves and useful hints and tips click here.
Initial closing date
Our deadline for applications is Thursday 31st January 2019. Due to their popularity we may close some of our programmes before this deadline, therefore to avoid disappointment we would recommend applying as early as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.