Instrument Commissioning Technician
Why Join Us?
This position is based on site in Gregory, Texas and reports to the Fields Operations Manager. SNC-Lavalin has exciting full-time career opportunities for Instrumentation Commissioning Technicians- to deliver a high quality of switchgear and testing specialist that is consistent and a competent service under the project / company requirements, standards and procedures to support overall delivery of company goals and schedule. In addition, to ensure all work scope is completed safely with no detrimental impact on personnel, fabric or environment.
How Will You Contribute to The Team?
· Ensure compliance with the site cardinal safety rules and with all safety aspects in the execution of work.
· Complete field level risk assessments
· Follow protocols of Hazardous Work Permit process, Lock out, tag out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures as required by jobsite regulations.
· Safely perform testing and commissioning functions on:
· Calibration, configuration, or replacement of field instrumentation devices.
· Create and collect process and product analyzers calibration checks.
· Troubleshoot instrument or electrical controls through devices to track inspect and verify operation.
· Calibrate custody meters and manage documentation.
· Support Shutdowns, Start-ups, and production slate changes for plant(s) in jobsite(s)
· Mark-up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
· Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
· Coordinate with Quality Control to deliver quality point and punch items in compliance by FDA.
· Follow rules and safety regulations.
What Will You Contribute?
· Valid Driver’s License
· Associates Degree Preferred but not required; High School Diploma or (GED)
· Minimum five to (5) years’ experience in directly performing instrumentation pre-commissioning works in an oil and gas, mining, or similar industrial environment
· Must have knowledge and experience in Instrumentation and Testing equipment.
· Ability to read and interpret instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics and installation standards etc.
· Deductive Reasoning: Ability to look for problems complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and resolve it.
· Logic: Must be able to look at instrumentation blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
· Manual Dexterity: Work with instruments, using hand tools, and handling minor components requires manual dexterity.
· Math: Is needed to analyze and create schematics.
· Observation: Instrument Technicians need to be able inspect electrical grids and test them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly.
· Problem- Solving: Instrumentation Commissioning techs need to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
· Ability to use a variety of instrumentation test equipment
· Highly Motivated/Creative/ Proactive
· Work Flexible Schedule (day or night shift)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
· Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
· Competitive salary
· Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
· Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
· Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
· Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs