Integration and Interface Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. We have established a high profile presence in the Middle East through our role as Lead Designer on the Dubai Metro project and the Rail Systems designer on the Makkah Metro in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and also Preliminary Designer for Etihad Rail in Abu Dhabi.
We are seeking a senior, qualified and experienced Integration & Interfaces Manager to provide expert advice and consultancy services. The Integration & Interfaces Manager is responsible for the overall technical coordination of the project, System and Civil work, for a proper integration in all technical and operational areas.
While initially assigned to a specific project, the role will support the Core Team to further support Atkins in future projects within the region.
Reporting to the head of Systems & Assurance, responsible for leading integration & interface services on rail projects through the application of systems engineering processes. To support business development and project delivery obligations for the Transportation sector.
- Manage Atkins obligations for Systems integration and integration Management for its contracted services covering Interface, Integration & Requirements management.
- Identify client requirements, deliverables and prepare integration and integration program schedules.
- Plan, schedule and monitor the status of the integration and integration milestones within the project to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and on quality.
- Preparation of functional analysis / specify the project integration and integration requirements
- Manage and coordinate the integration of integration and integration requirements through the project lifecycle with demonstrable evidences.
- Lead technical discussions/ presentations with other engineering parties, Clients, ISA or other certification bodies.
- Technical lead of a project interface and integration teams
- Knowledge transfer to other suitable Atkins staff.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or an appropriate discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Member of appropriate professional institution(s).
- Minimum experience of 10 years in Rail with minimum experience of 5 years in similar role with similar responsibility
- Thorough experience in the analysis and documentation of rail systems engineering works and processes from Feasibility and Design to Implementation and Client Handover.
- In Depth understanding of Systems Assurance processes and requirements (i.e. EN 50126/8/9)
- Extensive experience in requirements verification and validation using a structured requirements management process.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and documentation of systems engineering and assurance works and processes from Feasibility and Design to Implementation and Client Handover.
- Extensive experience in Metro and other Guided Transport Systems (e.g. APM, Tram, Monorail)
- Demonstrable experience leading System Integration and interface activities on rail projects including preparation and delivery of integration & interface Plans, functional assessments, registers, control documents, interface definition block diagrams and requirements definition.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Rail systems architecture functional definition and interface identification.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Systems assurance, Test & Commissioning and Rail Operations on rail projects.
- Experience of requirements management and configuration management
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment involving the client and flexible enough to carry out any tasks required to complete, review and accept Systems Engineering deliverables.
- Prepared and able to travel throughout the Middle East.
- Experience of project management and engineering management tools and processes
- Experience in Metro and other Guided Transport System
- Multi lingual
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrate sound relationship-building skills with both Clients and staff and an ability to influence and coach others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Good computer skills in MS Office and specialised software tools.
- Self time management to meet tight delivery requirements.
- Flexible attitude to balance work load and deadlines.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through and annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Accommodation allowance
- Company gratuity scheme
- Transportation allowance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 days annual leave (based on a 5 day working week)
Our Latest Articles