Integration / Data Engineer
Integration / Data Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS. Our Group Information Services (Group IS) business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
IT Services has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Purpose of the Role:
Integration Engineer to support the delivery of multi-organisational integration projects and enterprise data-warehouse (including MDM, ODS and historic, modelled data).
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer with a background in building data pipelines, who enjoys optimising systems as well as building them from the ground up. The position holder will support our software developers, architects and analysts on initiatives and will ensure the optimal delivery architecture is applied throughout ongoing and future projects
- Create and maintain optimal integration solutions including data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using on-premise SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build, using Power BI outputs that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the business leaders, product & data teams to assist with technical issues and support their infrastructure need.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and compliant with client requirements where necessary.
Experience Level: 8 to 10 years
- At least 2+ Experience with Azure cloud services: Web Apps, Hybrid Connections, Storage, Application Insights, Containerization, Azure Active Directory, Azure Automation, Key Vault, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks, Power BI.
- Good Experience with on-premise SQL services: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services.
- A successful history of using DevOps best practises including backlog management, Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) with Azure DevOps.
Secondary/Good to have Skills:
Experience delivering integration solutions using modern software technologies and techniques:
Backend Technologies: ASP.NET Core using C#, Entity Framework Core
UI Technologies: AngularJS, Angular (TypeScript), Razor Pages, Blazor
Compensation Grade: P2A
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a grea
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs